New milestone reached and problem overcome

I have not really posted anything this year about my own book. I have been working on it but I don’t think that I wrote as much in January as I have in previous months.

To give you an update I have now written 15 chapters which add up to just over the 40,000 word mark. This equates to about a third of what I hope will be my final count of around 120K.

The only real issue that I have had recently is with my characters, I never took note of the descriptions that I gave for each character as I wrote them and this has led to much to-ing and fro-ing backwards and forwards through previous chapters to check I am not changing characters mid book.

My resolution for this is an easy one, but one that I have not gotten round to yet, I have set aside a notepad to use for writing all of the details about my characters in. I will get to this eventually but I am just concentrating on writing what I can of the book before going back to work on consistency. If you are reading this post and beginning to write your own book then you may find that this idea will save you time and grey hairs in the long run.

To make matters more confusing in my head, I have also started to write notes for a completely new type of book more along the sci-fi route rather than fantasy.

Well there’s not really much more I can tell you at the moment, so thank you for reading.


This entry was posted in Blog posts, My Book and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to New milestone reached and problem overcome

  1. Congratulations Nairn! I can’t wait to see the finished product 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

Please Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s